18 June 2019

Word 2013 As An App Enjoyed 5 Ways


The image you see above of a Word 2013 file is the cover of the latest coffee-table book I have almost singlehandedly produced, all 214 pages of it, images & texts, 11" by 8.5" landscape. Happily, I must say. And that's much, because in 3 months, I will be 79 years old, thank God!

Microsoft Word is an ubiquitous application, app, today. This Filipino in Manila is enjoy using this app – are you?

The pleasure is mine!. It has been my pleasure for the last 32 years, from Word 1 starting 1987 to Word XP starting 2003 to Word 2013 starting 2012. And I'm all self-taught.

No, I'm not selling the software – I'm selling you self-teaching the soft skills: creative writing, blogging, editing onscreen, desktop publishing (adding digital photography from my Lumix FZ100 superzoom). Like I said, I'm all self-taught. You can teach yourself too if you're not in a hurry.

So! I have been enjoying:

1)  Editing a technical journal into world-class.
2)  Promoting self-taught digital skills.
3)  Blogging for inclusive development.
4)  Pursuing popular knowledge management.
5)  Producing about 17 books.

Actually, with Microsoft Word since 2005, I have written not only hundreds but thousands of articles and blogged them. You can check out 2 of my blogs with long essays of at least 1,000 words each: Creative Thinkering with 900 essays, and A Magazine Called Love with 2,200 essays.

The technical journal was the Philippine Journal of Crop Science, PJCS, which as Editor in Chief in 2003 I succeeded in 3 years in putting into the international hits list of journals called Web of Science.

The image above is a screen grab from the coffee-table book I produced for the 440 Group of Volunteers of Bay, Laguna; the last draft I have submitted – the final product is theirs to determine as they are the Publisher. I used only Word 2013 to write, edit and do the desktop publishing, DTP, for the book titled The Best Of Ba-i and subtitled Bay, Laguna As Philippine Center Of The Power Of FAITH. (Here, FAITH is an acronym for the 5 major parts of the book: Faith, Arts, Innovation, Technology, History.) The image is a screen capture from my soft copy. You knew this app as solely a word processor – now I must tell you that the screen grab using the same app shows that Word 2013 for DTP is that powerful.

I say, if I can do it, you can do it!

I can demonstrate all that anywhere in a whole-day lecture-demo in a large auditorium – with a giant screen and Internet connection – at your convenience, for any number of participants with their laptops so they can pick up a few tricks from me. I will charge a token of only P3K. Yes, onsite I will demonstrate everything, including writing an original essay of exactly 517 words on a topic based on the news of the day. Now, this is a special offer that only I can give. Email me at frankahilario@gail.com to learn from a Word 2013 genius!517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Double The Aggie Budget, Leni Robredo Promises. What About PH Visionary Leadership?

Will doubling the 2021 budget for 2022 be good for PH Agriculture? Good, but not good enough! I am reading Mara Cepeda ’s Rappler news re...