29 March 2020

03.LetMyPeopleGo – Boosting Your Health To Fight Covid-19: William Dar


Rita Dela Cruz of the Communications Group of the (new) Department of Agriculture, DA, under Secretary of Agriculture William Dar/Manong Willie shared last week on Facebook this: 

Agriculture Secretary William Dar reiterates his advice to the consuming public to look after their health by eating nutritious vegetables and fruits to boost their immune system in fighting Covid-19.

“Eating nutritious vegetables and fruits to boost… immune system.”

Better late than never!

Today, with that quote from Sec Dar, those 4 familiar words just above have as one 2 meanings:

One, procrastination– You have either postponed or ignored your own body’s need for a stronger immune system.

Two, ignorance – I myself did not know how to deal with what looked like dermatitis – my long-distance daughter Dida’s New York-UP Institutes of Health diagnosis via my PH daughter Ela's cellphone photography – on the lower part of my left foot above the ankle for the last 2 weeks. No, I did not go see a medical doctor; I wanted an herbal or such doctor to deal with it. Yet, too expensive. Surf the Web. No success. It had been painful, yes. And it swelled unless I elevated that foot above my reclining body.

Then, yesterday afternoon, Saturday, in desperation, I crushed 2 tablets, 500 mg each, of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) on a generous amount of virgin coconut oil, VCO – and applied liberally by my own hand my own concoction. And? And lo and behold, this morning, Sunday, I woke up at about 0200 hours, and what did I see? No more swelling! No more pus! No more pain! Let God be praised! And Vit C, and VCO! You have to help yourself.

Yes, we have to take care of our own health – and we can. We have to.

Now, back to the coronavirus, Covid-19. All media is newsing us 99.99% of the time are the numbers of dead, new cases, isolated, intubated – and only 00.01% the need to build body resistance to fight the coronavirus, or any disease-causing organism for that matter.

Differently, the new DA’s Ms Rita says, “This is in line with the recent dispensed advice of the World Health Organization… to the public on eating healthy and nutritious (food to) help their immune system to function properly.”

Sec Dar says:

We need to take this seriously. If your body is healthy and strong, you are maximizing its ability to fight infection, and have a higher chance of recovering from Covid-19 or any other sickness.

I repeat: “We need to take this seriously. If your body is healthy and strong, you are maximizing its ability to fight infection…” Given that, I say, exposure to any disease-causing organism, or non-organism, does not automatically mean you contract the disease.

Last night, on Facebook I greeted President Rodrigo Roa Duterte showing his own picture with these words:

“mr president, if you end the lockdown now, you will have a nationally happier birthday!”

Well, we are all Pilgrims, life goes on, and all countries are threatened by a modern disease – that one called Progress.@517


No comments:

Post a Comment

Double The Aggie Budget, Leni Robredo Promises. What About PH Visionary Leadership?

Will doubling the 2021 budget for 2022 be good for PH Agriculture? Good, but not good enough! I am reading Mara Cepeda ’s Rappler news re...