19 May 2020

Balik Probinsya Si Frank A Hilario: How? WFH!


Here is the latest news from the Official Portal of the Department of Agriculture, DA: “Balik Probinsya” Paves Way To Agri Industrialization – DA Chief.” Great!

Yes, I have read the BusinessMirror news of 06 May 2020 by Samuel P Medenilla: “Duterte Issues EO To Institutionalize Balik Probinsya Bagong Pag-asa Program. BP2, which I translate freely as Return to Country Return to Hope. Yes, I support the DA supporting the BP2 program of President Duterte.

For BP2, I am willing to relocate to my hometown of Asingan in Eastern Pangasinan. It will be easy for me, even at 79 years old – all I have to bring with me is my backpack where I have my Lenovo Core i7 14-inch touchscreen laptop, external hard disk, Lumix FZ100 digital camera superzoom, some clothes – and wife Ampy. With just those, I can work anywhere for you: All I would need is a fast WiFi connection.

And what could I offer the DA under Secretary of Agriculture William Dar/Manong Willie? The same things I have been offering since at least 13 years ago when I began work-from-home, WFH, for the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, ICRISAT, when Manong Willie was Director General; he was DG from 2000 to 2014.

For you, given all that, I can do any of these virtual/visual/real/unreal mental/intellectual works via Work From Home, WFH. That is to say, “home” to me is where the heart is and where I sit at the moment, being:

Mentor.
My mentoring is limitless, depending on what I see you need – no extra charge if I give more than you bargained for, because mine would be the pleasure!

Co-Author.
If you want to write something of any length, including somebody’s biography or your own, I can be your co-author.

Author’s Editor.
I will guide your writing in any manner except write a paragraph.

Ghostwriter.
I can write in your name following your style of writing – and faster!

Technical Editor.
Extraordinary! In the late 1990s, I helped Editor In Chief OK Bautista achieve for the Philippine Agricultural Scientist world-class or ISI status. In the early 2000s, as Editor In Chief of The Philippine Journal Of Crop Science, I brought the journal to ISI status, which the previous editors of 25 years failed to achieve.

Desktop Publisher.
Yes, I desktop-published my 7 books of articles on the aims and accomplishments of ICRISAT that the Institute paid for commercial printing, from 2008 to 2014.

Book Producer.
In October 2016, I compiled notes, edited and layouted a book on Philippine native animals for the National Swine & Poultry Research & Development Center, which is under the Bureau of Animal Industry, more than 170 pages.

Earlier, in 2012, I produced the Silver Anniversary coffee-table book for the Agricultural Credit & Policy Council. I wrote the text, including title, The Filipino Farmer Is Bankable, 198 pages, with about 50% of the total photographs taken by me using my new Lumix FZ100 digital camera.

So, Manong Willie, which more of me would you like to help more of DA?@517


No comments:

Post a Comment

Double The Aggie Budget, Leni Robredo Promises. What About PH Visionary Leadership?

Will doubling the 2021 budget for 2022 be good for PH Agriculture? Good, but not good enough! I am reading Mara Cepeda ’s Rappler news re...